Hi, I’m Emily! When I’m not at work as a full time medical Speech Language Pathologist, I help first time home buyers and DIY beginners learn the semantics, tools and information needed to make their dreams a reality. I have been married to my best friend for a year (!) and we bought a house in our desired neighborhood during the pandemic. With all the extra time we were spending at home on the weekends and the mind blowing prices of paying someone else to do light reno work, we turned to Pinterest, YouTube and Instagram and got to learning! One project at a time we have turned this house into a home we love. I’m here to share our journey, credit those who have provided inspiration, and help other beginners want what you already have with a little creativity, time and hard work (ok, and sometimes blood, sweat and tears too). Glad you’re here!
Want to join my exclusive community and receive bonus content? Find out more here!
Get to know me
1. My husband is also pretty handy around the house! He has learned some impressive dry wall, electrical and plumbing skills. But unfortunately, he doesn’t enjoy it like I do.
2. I graduated from Ole Miss and my husband is from Oxford, Mississippi. We are a die hard Rebel family, Hotty Toddy!
3. My furry son Oliver is the light of my life. But no, I’m not a cat person. Just an “Oliver” person.
4. I have always enjoyed creative hobbies, and learned how to do calligraphy so I could address my own wedding invitations!
5. I am an Enneagram 1, so lists are my thing. I’ve made a FREE exclusive PDF guide for the DIY beginner! Enter your email here for tried and true products and inspiration delivered right to your inbox.
Despite this page’s title this project is not about me at all, its about YOU! Feel free to reach out and let me know how I can support your journey.